VIRGIN VOYAGES ~ NEW LUXURY CRUISE EXPERIENCE
Introducing VIRGIN VOYAGES! An Entirely New Way to Look at Sea Travel.
Feeling Bold? Come Sail with Us. No One's Done a Holiday at Sea like This Before. 18+ Adult Cruises. 20+ Included Restaurants. Free Fitness Classes. Free WiFi. Kids-free Cruising. Gratuities Included. Private Beach Club. Yacht-Inspired Ship.
Virgin Voyages is a global lifestyle brand committed to creating the world’s most irresistible holiday. With operations in the US, UK, and Europe, Virgin Voyages currently has four ships on order with master shipbuilder Fincantieri.
With its inaugural season scheduled for 2020, Virgin Voyages’ first ship the Scarlet Lady was designed to reflect a yacht’s sleek luxury. Featuring spaces designed by some of the top names in contemporary design, the Scarlet Lady will be Adult-by-Design, a sanctuary at sea for the 18+ traveller.
A dose of ‘Vitamin Sea’ will be naturally intertwined across the entire ship, with well-being activated through a mix of high-energy moments coupled with relaxation and rejuvenation. The Scarlet Lady will also feature alluring entertainment and 20+ world-class intimate eateries on board. Putting a twist on luxury, which the company refers to as Rebellious Luxe, Virgin Voyages will offer incredible value for its sailors with all restaurants, group fitness classes, soft drinks, and many more Virgin surprises included within the voyage fare.
The Scarlet Lady will sail from Miami to the Caribbean in 2020, hosting more than 2,770 sailors and 1,160 amazing crew from around the world.
As of February 14, bookings are open for voyages departing from April 1 through October 25, 2020.
When Virgin Voyages breaks into the cruise game with new ship Scarlet Lady in 2020, all sailings plan to make a stop at a new private resort in the Bahamas called the Beach Club at Bimini.
With a heritage deeply rooted in music, Virgin Voyages announced an expanded partnership with Academy, Grammy and Golden Globe-winning artist and producer Mark Ronson. Ronson will join the company’s Creative Collective, a group of world-class tastemakers, artists and designers who are collaborating with Virgin Voyages to bring epic Sailor experiences to sea. In his role as the company’s “Minister of Music,” Ronson will be creating a series of pre-voyage and onboard playlists for Sailors, as well as curating the vinyl record selection in the RockStar Suites and the ship’s vinyl and music shop – Voyage Vinyl. What’s more, Ronson will be working with Virgin Voyages’ music teams, defining the brand's sound at sea as well as at The Beach Club in Bimini, Bahamas-- a private and luxurious beach club that is exclusively for Virgin Voyages Sailors while Scarlet Lady is on island.
As a part of Virgin Voyages’ On Deck residency program, Ronson has committed to four performances at The Beach Club at Bimini in 2020. Ronson’s July 9 poolside performance can only be experienced by those who book the July 5, 2020 Mayan Sol sailing featuring stops in Costa Maya, Mexico and Bimini, Bahamas.
● Virgin Voyages’ first fleet will be known as the “Lady Ships”, a play on the term ‘your ladyship’, giving a nod to Virgin’s British heritage.
● Virgin Voyages currently has four ships on order, due for delivery in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
● 86 percent of Virgin Voyages cabins will feature a balcony and 93 percent will feature an ocean view.
● Virgin Voyages’ first ship, Scarlet Lady, will arrive at Port Miami in 2020 for her inaugural sailing season where she will sail to the Caribbean hosting more than 2,770 sailors and 1,150 amazing crew from around the world.
● During her inaugural 2020 season, the Scarlet Lady will sail a mix of Caribbean voyages befitting of any curious traveler’s tastes.
● The Scarlet Lady will be Adult by Design, a sanctuary at sea for the 18 plus traveler.
● Virgin Voyages is working with a Creative Collective comprised of some of the most sought-after interior designers, artists and architects including Roman and Williams, Tom Dixon’s Design Research Studio, Concrete Amsterdam, Softroom of London and more—many of whom are responsible for the creation of the most stylish boutique hotels and resorts across major cities in the US and Europe—all of which have never designed for the cruise industry.
● The Scarlet Lady’s dynamic design will mimic that of a yacht with a sleek silvery-grey hull with smoked glass, and of course, distinctive touches of red. The ship’s livery was conceptualized by Ben Christie and David Azurdia from the multi-award-winning Magpie Studio in London. RWD from Beaulieu England, who are leaders in super yacht design, created the iconic red Virgin funnel of the vessel.
● Scarlet is the beautiful mermaid design that will adorn the bow the Scarlet Lady. The mermaid, designed by artist Toby Tinsley, will serve as the ship’s powerful spirit guide and is inspired by figureheads on historic vessels.
● Virgin Voyages’ brand design ethos, Modern Romance of Sailing, seeks to enchant crew, sailors and pirates alike by capturing a fresh, contemporary and sleek look, with nods of glamour and romance that evoke the soul’s innate love of the sea and pairs it with touches of saltiness and nautical tradition.
Eat and Drink
● With a total of 20+ food choices onboard the Scarlet Lady, Virgin Voyages will bring city-like eating to sea and throw out the traditional cruise dining rule book, with no buffet, no main dining room, no forced formal wear, no assigned seating, no assigned dining times and enhanced the choice for sailors to grab a bite by keeping restaurant doors open until well into the night and in some cases the early hours of the morning.
● Virgin Voyages does not believe in paying more for great food and ditched the traditional upcharges levied when dining in specialty restaurants at sea. Virgin Voyages has designed all eateries on board to offer exceptional made to order eats and opted to include all restaurant food in the voyage fare.
● Well-being will be at the forefront of the onboard experience, activated through a mix of high-energy moments coupled with relaxation and rejuvenation. A wide variety of group fitness classes on board are all provided complimentary within the voyage fare. RockStar Suites
● The new company is throwing out traditional cliches on luxury and formalities, instead bringing Rebellious Luxe to life at sea with their RockStar Suites designed by Tom Dixon’s Design Research Studio as the pinnacle of that experience.
● Highlights of the Massive Suite, the top suite aboard the Scarlet Lady, include its very own guitar-clad music room, views of the ocean from every corner of the suite, and a massive terrace complete with its own Peek-a-View outdoor shower, hot tub, hammocks and a runway outdoor dining table, where a staircase will help Sailors make their way on top of the table for dancing. Sustainability
● Virgin Voyages is committed to having one of the cleanest fleets at sea.
● The company has banned single-use plastics on board its ships, including straws, bottled water, other beverage bottles, condiment packets, shopping bags, food packaging, stirrers, and take- away coffee and tea cups. Instead, the company will emphasize the use of recyclable and reusable materials across the ship. While onboard, sailors will be provided with access to complimentary filtered still and sparkling water.
● Virgin Voyages has partnered with Climeon, a Sweden-based technology company, with a goal to significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions by converting engine waste heat into clean electricity
Follow Virgin Voyages:
LinkedIn: Virgin Voyages
YouTube: Virgin Voyages
Virgin Voyages Official Blog, Ahoy!: www.virginvoyages.com/ahoy/stories