Mesamérica L.A. @ Million Dollar Theatre
307 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
DFiesta @ Grand Central Market
317 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
DFiesta @ La Cita Bar
336 S. Hill St., Los Angeles, CA 90013
Deets: The evening will begin with Mesamérica L.A. at the Million Dollar Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Mesamérica L.A. is the first incarnation of chef Enrique Olvera’s celebrated symposium to be held outside of Mexico. Olvera and L.A. Times Food Editor Peter Meehan have curated a program that explores the culinary and cultural interconnectedness of Mexico City and Los Angeles to celebrate the sister cities’ 50-year anniversary. Art, architecture, identity and the meaning of tacos will be explored through talks, video and song.
Following Mesamérica L.A., a DFiesta progressive party will take place next door at Grand Central Market and at the nearby La Cita Bar. Most of the market will feature for-purchase chef collaborations, roving Mariachi bands and other Mexico City-inspired merriment. Purchase of a DFiesta ticket will include access to a curated section of the market featuring special one-night-only offerings from the restaurants listed below. The DFiesta will continue with post-reception cocktails and entertainment at La Cita Bar, just south of the market.
Who You May Spot:
· Enrique Olvera – Chef & Owner of Pujol (Mexico City)
· Peter Meehan - Food Editor, Los Angeles TImes
· Norma Listman – Chef & Co-Owner of Masala y Maíz (Mexico City)
· Alonso Ruvalcaba – Writer, Food Critic and Editor of HojaSanta Magazine (Mexico City)
· Carlos Salgado – Chef & Owner, Taco María
· Javier Garciadiego – Architect at Infonavit's Research Center for Sustainable Development (Mexico City)
· Gustavo Arellano – Features Writer at Los Angeles Times
· Rubén Ortiz - Artist and Curator
· Jesse Lerner – Filmmaker and Writer
Hint For The Average Socialite: Tickets are available for purchase here.
Mesamérica L.A. tickets are $35 each.
Mesamérica L.A. + DFiesta tickets are $85 each.
What’s Trending: @LAfoodbowl #LAfoodbowl #31DaysOfFood