Deets: Sharpen your sabers! La Fête du Champagne returns to New York City November 7-9, 2019. Daniel Johnnes, founder of La Paulée de New York® and Wine Director for Chef Daniel Boulud’s Dinex Group, and Peter Liem, renowned wine writer and Champagne expert, announce the sixth edition of La Fête du Champagne. Driven by Liem’s and Johnnes’ passion for the wines of this celebrated region, La Fête du Champagne is an event that captures the attention of Champagne lovers around the world, from passionate amateurs to the most enthusiastic connoisseurs and collectors.
La Fête du Champagne will host over 30 Champagne producers in celebration of the region’s iconic wines:
Agrapart • Bérêche & Fils • Billecart-Salmon • Bollinger • Etienne Calsac • La Caravelle • Chartogne-Taillet • La Closerie • Delamotte • Dhondt-Grellet • Drappier • Pierre Gerbais • Michel Gonet • Henriot • Jacquesson • Krug • Lanson • Georges Laval • Leclerc-Briant • Legras & Haas • AR Lenoble • Robert Moncuit • Moussé Fils • Pierre Paillard • Philipponnat • Eric Rodez • Louis Roederer • Pol Roger • Ruinart • Salon • Savart • Tarlant
Program highlights will include:
- The Nines Lunch featuring decades of 9s with some of the finest vintages back to 1979 at Per Se on Thursday, November 7.
- Vintage Retrospective Dinner with Champagne Lanson at Jungsik on Thursday, November 7.
- Billecart-Salmon Lunch at The Dutch with Mathieu Roland-Billecart on Friday, November 8.
- La Closerie Dinner with Jérôme Prévost at DANIEL with Chef Daniel Boulud and Chef Arnaud Lallement of L’Assiette Champenoise on Friday, November 8.
- Focused and engaging seminars conducted by Peter Liem and Daniel Johnnes and attending producers.
- Grand Tasting on Saturday, November 9, will feature over 100 different wines in a salon-style tasting aimed towards educating consumers on the nuances and diversity of Champagne. Guests will mingle with attending producers from each participating estate, while enjoying small plates prepared by noteworthy restaurants from New York and beyond all while taking in the Hudson River views at Pier 60.
- La Fête du Champagne will culminate with the elegant Gala Dinner on Saturday, November 9, prepared by acclaimed chefs including three-Michelin-starred Chef Daniel Boulud of Restaurant Daniel and the Dinex Group, Chef Andrew Carmellini of Locanda Verde, Chef Arnaud Lallement de l'Assiette Champenoise in Reims and Chef Melissa Rodriguez of Del Posto. At this multi-course dinner, wine lovers, collectors, and producers will share special bottles from their cellars in a festive medley of fine cuisine, Champagne, and camaraderie.
Hint for the Average Socialite: Click here to see the full program and purchase tickets!
What’s Trending: @lafetenyc #lafeteduchampagne