Deets: One of the hottest, most coveted summer events in New York, over 5500 guests dressed head-to-toe in fabulous white will gather at a spectacular undisclosed location on July 17th to dine and dance under the stars.
Every summer the wildly popular event takes over iconic outdoor public spaces whose locations are revealed at the very last minute to preserve spontaneity and secrecy to the delight of guests. In 2018 there were 64,000 people on the New York wait list!
Dîner en Blanc has become THE culinary event of the year in the U.S. and cities around the world. A one-of-a-kind global phenomenon, this year over 130,000 food lovers, cultural enthusiasts and fashionistas will gather at an iconic secret locale in 80 cities spanning 30 countries, 30 in the U.S. including several US premieres.
A beloved tradition throughout the U.S., this year 30 cities will host Le Dîner en Blanc, and there will be three US premieres: Fort Lauderdale, Harford and Raleigh. Worldwide 80 cities across six continents will host the event.
Hint for the Average Socialite: Participation in this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Guests can register now at newyork.dinerenblanc.com/register.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as stay true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
· Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
· Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
· Table setting: All white!
· Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor prohibited.
The alcohol laws and regulations for most states, including New York, do not allow guests to bring their own alcohol. Guests who wish to enjoy some wine or Champagne must reserve online through our caterer website. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
· To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until the last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to clean their area, and leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
· A folding table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
· A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
· A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through our caterer website during the initial ticket registration.
What’s Trending: @DinerenBlancNYC #dinerenblanc @DinerEnBlanc #secret #DEBNYC18